Wednesday, December 2, 2015

E.T.P. - Eat To Perform aka Nutrition

SO.... I had done the 21 Day Fix nutrition for a while and it is certainly great for meal plans and portion control, etc.... it definitely wasn't right for me.  I found myself starving on multiple occasions, seeming like it was forever between snacks and meals, etc... I finally started tracking my food in My Fitness Pal and holy crap.  I was only consuming like 1200 calories.  No wonder I was fucking starving!  The only time I would hit anything near where I really should be is if I was snacking and having beers.... not the best way to make up your nutritional deficit.  Not to mention, I didn't really like being told "I can only have this, but can't have that".  F-that noise.

Fast forward.... everyone is out there on Black Friday trying to find their next big toy purchase.  New TV, vacation, computer, etc...  I'm all searching for something to help me reach goals.  Fitness goals.  Where does ETP come into play on this?

Well, ETP had been recommended to me a while ago by multiple friends and I kind of just "liked" their FB page and casually followed it.  Never really digging into it all the way to see what it was all about.  To me, I've already had the (mis) conception that I needed to do more workouts and eat less.  Seems like I was completely off base there.  People are eating 4000 calories and 250g of carbs on a single day without issue.  WOW!!  What the hell am I doing wrong?

Here we are on Small Business Saturday, which apparently is a thing.... ETP had one of their books "on sale" for $20, regularly $50.  To the naked eye this was a great deal... unless of course you've seen their ad where you can buy all 4 of their books and a year membership for $50.  Either way... I bought the book.  Read and read and read and read, all 101 pages in essentially a day, but still could not completely wrap my head around what I needed to do.  This book did a great job of explaining the hows and the whys but not such a great job of just telling me what the hell I needed to do.  That of course brought me to Google.  Which is where I found what appeared to be a normal every day woman's experience with it.
http://killerfitgym.com/my-etp-experience-faq/
BOOM!  Everything became so much clearer.

Now that I've got a clearer picture of what I need to be hitting for target nutrition AND I'm actually tracking it, I have to figure out how to get my numbers up.

This is what my nutrition looked like today and its definitely clean, but not even close to enough.  Below it you can see my target numbers.  Until next time!

No comments: