Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14 (restart - strength)

Got up this morning after a pretty crappy night sleep (thanks Quinn aka super pooch).  Took the dog for a very brief 15 minute walk and the dog refused to go any further.  Brought her home, fed her and went downstairs to do a Power90 Strength workout (Level 3- 4).  My how I have fallen. 

The workout was TOUGH.  I struggled in all elements of it.  For simplicity I tried to just use the RED resistance bands I used the first time I ever did the workout.  The issue is it doesn't work very well for certain exercises.  In addition to that, I have some weak wrists.  I've been able to get by that in the past by using the push up bars.  They've worked well.  I still struggled.  Especially my left wrist where I was wearing the heart rate monitor watch.  I may have to just leave that off when I'm doing strength because I found it getting in the way when I did bicep exercises as well. 

Lunge/Squat combos - still a killer.  VERY tough for me.  My legs (or the rest of my body for that matter) just isn't as strong as it used to be.  I SUCKED.  I'll do better next time though.  At least I got up and did something, which is half the battle.  Just a reminder that I just have to do it.  I just have to get up and do something or forever feel weak.

No comments: