Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13 (restart - cardio)

Today I got up and did Power90 Cardio level 3-4.  I actually wore my heart rate monitor and I kept my heart rate between 120bpm and it peaked around 166bpm.  According to the Mayo clinic's heart rate calculator for someone my age my range should be 126bpm - 153bpm.  I'll have to adjust the hrm tomorrow. 

I have not been working out.  I have completely slacked.  It wouldn't be the end of the world if I had been doing a better job of eating.  Breakfast, lunches & dinners we are actually good.  We have eliminated so many processed foods out of our regular meals.  Our problem has been night time snacking and alcohol consumption.  Nearly nightly we were sitting down, watching TV, snacking on processed food (chips, Taquitos, etc...) and either beer or wine.  Bad habits.  It has led to me getting soft, losing muscle and gaining weight.  I've gained 10 lbs and up to 191lbs.

Where am I going with it?  I have no idea.  I'm trying.  Just trying.  I've got to get up tomorrow and give the dog a walk, but maybe when I'm done (if there is time) I'll follow it up with Power90 Strength level 3-4.  It's a good workout and honestly I have to work myself back up to the fitness level to do P90X.

OK - that is all.

If you get the chance, check out these great sites for their recipes.  Awesome stuff.  Pretty healthy.

100daysofrealfood.com
cleaneatsinthezoo.com


No comments: