Saturday, January 18, 2014

Almost end of block 1

Tomorrow is my last day of "Block 1" or , the first 30 days of P90x3 for me.  I've made no secret that my "diet" or eating habits the first couple of weeks of this program was pretty poor.  I made some really good strides to bring myself back to reality and get back what I've earned over the past 6 mos or so. 

Overall I really like the program.  Tony sculpts that body boy.  He helps with all the places that men care about.  Arms, abs, chest, back, shoulders and yes... even the legs.  I'm feeling pretty good about my progress as I gear up for Block 2.  I know its going to get more intense and at the same time I need to kick up my own intensity so I can get the results I want. 

I know I had stated that I was going to concentrate on a few different things and those things were 1) clean eating - eliminating processed crap food.  2) tracking what I eat (I was using MapMyFitness.com) 3) giving up pizza and beer for a while.  I have not been consistent.  Last weekend I did indulge in 3 beers.  Yes on Saturday, Jan 11th I had 3 beers.  Also - on Monday the 13th I bypassed dinner so I could have a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.  That was my first bit of ice cream in some time.  It was really yummy.  On top of that  - well, I haven't been tracking.  SO - my wife was right, I should have focused on just 1 thing.  That being said, I've busted my ass with my fitness and I haven't missed a workout in well over a month.  Outside of those 2 things that I just mentioned, my eating has been clean.  CLEAN.  I still haven't had any pizza and I'm still on track for my next pizza being at Amelia's 7th bday party next week.  There is a reason why I am back in the low 170's. 

Tomorrow I do pictures & measurements for my first 30 days.  I never did either of those things before I started P90x3.  I did however do them after I completed T25.... so I'll have a rough idea of how far I've come.  I know its going to be all positive and I'm happy about that. 

My birthday is 2 mos away.  I'll be 42.  I'd like to be 42, 170lbs and have some rocking abs.  lol  Pushy?  Maybe.  It took me 10 yrs of neglect to get this body fat, it shouldn't come off in less than 10 mos.  It doesn't hurt to try though. 

Now.... time to get some sleep while I can. 

No comments: