Saturday, February 23, 2013

February 23

Well for the first time in probably like a year I did Power90 3-4 strength.  I struggled mightily.  Far too fatigued at the end. 

I started off great.  Did 15 decline push-ups.  Moved right on and was using 15 - 20 lb dumbbells for everything.  Felt really good.  Even did the 5 sets of lunges with no issue.  Round 2... different story.  Still did good with the strength stuff.  Even did the 5 sets of lunges with 5 squats for every 1/2 lung rep without much issue.  Finished fairly strong with the (3) sets of 12 squats at the end of round 2.  Round 3 I was seriously sucking wind.  So funny that my heart rate goes up more during this workout than it does doing cardio.  Whatever.  I took a couple breaks during round 3.  I was still able to do wide-try-die push-ups.  No problems doing 20 dips.  Again, the rest of the round I pushed through and did the best I could but I did had to take a couple of breaks cause I was so winded.  Round 4 - why must there be 4 rounds??  More push-ups, more squats, calf raises... REALLY??  My calves were ready to explode before I even started this workout.  When I got to the end... the last 2 exercises I had nothing in the tank and my heart was racing.  Max push-ups 5.  lol  Max squats 1.  I was afraid if I went down for another squat I wouldn't come back up.  lol 

My legs are exhausted, I'm shaky but I'm done.  It wasn't my best performance, but it was a step in the right direction.  I'd like to thank my wife for INSISTING on watching the girls while I went and worked out.  She relaxed in front of Wreck-It Ralph with a bag of Cheetos.  Somehow.... I won?  lol

No comments: