Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 26

Power90 3-4 Strength.  I feel I did better with this working than I did on Saturday.  Although on some exercises I don't think my reps count went up, I do feel that I was stronger on the exercises and my form was better.  It definitely seemed as though I was a little slower, or off pace with the instructors.  Lunge/Squats as a good example.  Lunge right leg forward, squat 5 times, then lunge left leg forward, now turn around and repeat...wait... those guys are already starting to squat again.  DAMN IT!  I don't like lunge/squats.  I never have.  However I used to be much stronger when doing them.  This particular exercise I think I might have done better on Saturday than I did today.  Either way, I sucked it up and did it today. 

Before I worked out this morning I ate a rice cake that had a thin layer of Natural peanut butter on it.  I had never done that.  It was still kind of light (airy I guess you could say) but it was something in my stomach.  During the lower back extensions (laying on your belly and bringing your arms and legs off the floor like you are flying like Superman) I could definitely feel like something was in my stomach.  I didn't want to hurl, but I also wasn't comfortable.  That will take some getting used to.  I guess its good I still have another 11 rice cakes in the package. 

So I did the whole workout.  All 38 minutes.  I did pause it for an extra 10 seconds when I got the 30 second towel/water break in the middle of the workout.  I also took a little bit of a break right before the 3 part squats (3 different squat exercises, each one for 12 reps).  Other than that I felt strong.  You'd never know it because my body is pretty shaky right now, but I felt pretty strong.  My right knee is really the only thing that feels kind of weak.  I need to focus on that.  I can feel the muscles around my left knee and feel it working during all the lunges, squats, etc... Not so much on the right knee, I don't believe I'm favoring it - but I don't get the same feeling with it that I do in the left.  Just something to focus on. 

Nutrition - lets talk about that.  I'm feeling pretty good.  Obviously during the week its busy and I like the way I eat/drink during the week.  I'm great with my water consumption (already 30 oz this morning).  My food choices aren't bad ones.  I'm not all fruits and veggies, but I'm also not feasting on brownies and ice cream (that was Sunday.  lol)  Weekend I have my struggles.  All I can do is take it one meal at a time and try and make the best choice available to me at the time of that meal.  The weight isn't going to come off if I don't.  I really want the weight off and to have a good strong body again. 

I did take a couple of pics this morning after my workout because I don't know if Christie and I will be doing our initial pics and measurements tonight.  I'm going to push for it, but there is no guarantee.  Its a little misleading because after a workout your body doesn't exactly (nor should it) look the same as before the workout.  Either way - its a point of reference and nowhere near where I want to be.   OK - off to the showers.

No comments: