Saturday, March 22, 2014

End of week weigh in, Combat 1st week opinion, etc..

End of week weigh in.  I was expecting good things.  I really was.  I figured I'd be below 170 without a doubt.  I was 170.8 on Wednesday, I've not eaten junk all week.  I've stayed on track with my nutrition.  What was the weigh in?  Which one?  I got on the scale the first time and it was 171.8lbs.  Said to myself, no - that can't be right.  Stepped off, let it zero out and stepped on again.  171.4lbs.  OK - that's a little better, but why am I getting 2 different readings?  Let's go a 3rd time and see what it is.  172.2lbs.  WHAT!!!!  This is BULLSHIT.  Step off, clear, try again.  171.8lbs.  We are going to stick with 171.8lbs.

Yet another reason why I hate the scale as a measurement tool for success.  I haven't been feeling "thin" like I had been and my jeans aren't as loose as they were, so that is why I was using it.  Christie will be taking my measurements later today to see if I am completely losing my mind or not.

Les Mills Combat.  OK - today was "Extreme Cardio 60".  A 60 minute workout, which by the way is only 55 min long.  I'm sorry - but accuracy is a pet peeve of mine.  If you say 60, you fucking better be 60.  I don't care if 60 min includes a warm up, a cool down, etc... Just as long as the video run time is at least 60 min.  T25 says get your workout in 25 min a day.  You know what, you hit that clock and you start at 25 min and you stop when 25 min is up.  Your cool down is another 3 min AFTER that workout.  P90x3 the workouts are 30 min.  Meaning each routine is 30 min long.  PERIOD.

In addition to my bitch about that inaccurate time keeping they do (like the 30 min workouts being 27), I don't understand why they are stopping.  OK - you want to show me how to do a transition, fine.  Do you need to completely stop and practically rest to do that?  Probably not.  I'm clearly fighting this program.  I even got the 1lb fighting gloves (1lb each hand).  Wore them today.  Egh.  I'm sure it helped me work "harder", but nothing extreme.

OK - that's the end of my bitching about my weight and workout.  I'm doing SOMETHING, but I'm just not sure what I'm doing is the program for me.

No comments: