Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mid week weigh in, Combat week 2, new pull up bar

OK - so today's weigh in was 170.6lbs  I don't buy it and don't get it.  I certainly don't feel it.  Definitely feeling bloated.  I'm killing a fair amount of calories doing Combat, but I know its not the most intense workout I've done.  So it makes me wonder how many calories would I be killing if I was doing a more intense workout.  Hmmmmm

Combat - Week #2.  Lets see, unlike week #1 I have actually followed the schedule, not guessed which workout is the next day and just did what I thought I was supposed to do.  Such a dumbass.  I've used the weighted gloves all week, except for the Power HIIT workout (30 min and over 350 cals burned) and yes, its provided more resistance.  Extremely difficult routine?  No.  Tomorrow is a scheduled "rest day" and they follow that up with Shock Plyo (jelly legs, lots of jumping) and Combat 30 to round out the week.  I'm thinking tomorrow I'm going to do P90x3 Incinerator to see how many calories I kill.  Great strength training and I could really use that right now.

New Pull Up bar - FINALLY I used my lunch break today on my "work from home" day and cut up the 2x6 and mounted it to the ceiling joists in the basement. Drilled a couple holes and insert 5' long x 1" thick black steel pipe.  Ta-da!  New pull-up bar.  Why go through all this trouble?  Let me just say this....  my existing one did in fact work.  It did.  It mounted in the door frame.  The challenge with it was the door frame was at the bottom of a stair landing.  Extremely easy to do "assisted" pull ups with one foot on the landing.   When I did pull myself all the way up (my max is 6 unassisted) my head would either A) hit the ceiling or B) hit the light mounted on the ceiling.  Kinda sucked.  The new one is roughly 18" down from the ceiling so this should help avoid those scenarios.  In addition, its just a straight bar.  So no odd hand grippings when trying to to do any of the assorted pull ups in X3.  On top of all that - as I've tested, my form is MUCH better with the new pull up bar.  I'm excited to use it for a workout.  LOL

That's all I've got really.  Really tired and stressed lately.  Things have been really busy at work, busy at home and sleep is a precious thing.  I'm thankful that I've been able to workout and help with some of the stress release, but I'm looking forward to calmer times and getting past this stress.

No comments: