Saturday, February 8, 2014

Prepping for my 2nd "Transition Week", New weigh in day, Next program considerations

The week started off really bad with Amelia being sick with walking pneumonia.  She is MUCH better now.  However that resulted in me missing the first 2 days of the week of workouts due to complete lack of sleep.  I'm 1 workout behind with 1 day left in the week, meaning I'll have to do a double tomorrow.  No biggie.

I've changed my weigh in day from Sunday nights to Saturday mornings.  It just makes more sense to me.  Saturday night is my cheat meal and although one meal shouldn't make a big difference, it can.  Especially if you have a couple of alcoholic beverages with it.

Weigh in this morning was 173.2lbs.  Still not where I want to be, but getting closer.  Very much looking forward to my transition week.

It seems as though everyone in this house has been sick lately.  Christie, then Amelia, then Kiera... repeat cycle and mix me in every now and then.  I'm still rundown and I don't see myself getting past that until after the transition week maybe.  MAYBE.  I want to really push hard in that last block of P90X3.  I want to see what my results are going to be when its all done.  I feel like I need to mix in some cardio or something, but I likely won't.  I have to be honest there.  I like to get my workout in and just be done for the day.  It sets the tone for my whole day.  We'll see.

I'm still undecided on what doing for my next program.  One thing to be certain is there will be a continuation of working out.  There will likely be a NEW program.  What?  I don't know just yet.  I have 6 weeks left of P90X3.  I want to have my new program figured out within the next 4 weeks.  I've thought of Les Mills Pump or Combat, neither of which I own (YET).  I've thought of the 21 Day Fix, because I've considered that maybe my portion sizes may be a little out of whack and that could help me in that area.  That is really such a short term routine though.  3 weeks.  I've considered Insanity and I have that one, but I'd have to preview it first.  My concern with Insanity is it'll be too much like T25 but longer.  I really enjoy being done with my workouts in 30 min or less.  Its going to be tough to take on something longer than 30 min.  It'll also be tough to take on something that doesn't have weights in it.  Lots to figure out.

No comments: