Thursday, February 20, 2014

Shoulder/Neck injured.... AGAIN

Sucks.  Woke up this morning (2AM) with a lot of left shoulder/neck pain.  Same area as before.  I've since gone and gotten a 55 min full body massage.  It did help a little.  I've had 6 Advil since 2AM and I just took a muscle relaxer.  I'm really really hoping to get past this nagging bullshit sooner than later.  That really is all it is.  Nagging bullshit.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to get up (providing I sleep) at my normal time and try and do Dynamix.  Basically kind of stretching.  We'll see.

The massage therapist told me that I have a lot of tension in my left "lavatore scapulae".  Also some tightness in my rotator cuff on my right side and tightness in the "spinalis thoracis" (fancy label for between the shoulder blades).  You can see all the gross pictures here:
http://healthfavo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/human-body-anatomy.jpg

Apparently I carry a lot of tension up in my shoulders (no shit) and because of that I tend to bring my shoulders forward, out of their natural position.  Putting additional strain on my deltoids.

Recommendations?  Soak in a nice hot tub (sorry, I don't have a large tub for such matters).  Also, stretch.  Really?  I do that EVERY DAY.  Hmmm.  Lets just hope the muscle relaxers work.  :/

No comments: