Friday, February 21, 2014

Shakeology, regularity, weight & injury

OK - first and foremost, I started taking a fiber supplement daily for weeks so I can be more "regular".  Something more than just twice a week.  I already have 4 or 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day, so .... why can't I poop?  lol  The supplement helped by getting me up to 3x a week.  Yay.

Insert Shakeology.  3 days of drinking it, ZERO fiber supplements and 3 straight days of "regularity".  Who can beat that?  Personally I feel better about that.  Now I haven't been working out since I've been injured.  My last workout was Wednesday (first day back on Shakeology).  Maybe things will change when I get back full bore on the workouts, we shall see.

A bonus of regularity?  You are literally getting rid of the waste from your body.  The garbage its processed and doesn't need.  This helps your weight.  Since I'm heading out on a rare boys night out tonight I figured I'd do my weekend weigh in this morning.  169.8lbs.  Less than 5lbs to reach my next goal.  Psyched.

Injury.  Muscle relaxers work!  I took one around 7PM last night and another around 9AM today (so I wouldn't be mixing it with beer tonight).  By lunch time my neck was in considerably less pain.  There is still some tightness, still discomfort and motion restrictions but - without question better.  I'm seriously fighting the urge to do burpees right now.  lol  Oh and my new pillow finally arrived.  I'll pass out on that tonight for sure.  Not due to too many alcoholic beverages as I am driving.  I am going to have fun though.

My intent is to again, hold off working out this weekend.  Giving my body the rest I think its not so subtly trying to tell me it needs.  Then back at it hard on Monday.  Monday I will NOT be repeating my transition week, instead moving on to week 9 of P90x3.

No comments: