Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Shakeology is FINALLY here, Les Mills Combat

Shakeology has finally arrived and I'm excited about it.  I made my first one this morning.  1 scoop Shakeology, 1 Tblspn of Almond Butter, 1 banana, some ice & water.  Blend blend blend.  It was good.

The last time I was taking Shakeology was actually BEFORE I got serious with my fitness.  My blood work numbers for my cholesterol were better than what they were this past January. That's right, better than when I was eating right and fit.  My overall cholesterol was lower and my bad cholesterol was also lower.  When my family made the decision we didn't have money for Shakeology and just put our focus on fitness & real food for the whole family we knew I had blood work to be done again within 6 months.  The results don't lie.  My blood work is better, my blood pressure and sugar levels are better while on Shakeology.  Even with just good, healthy eating and regular exercise - my medical stats are improved with Shakeology.

Now moving onto my next routine.  I had originally thought T25 and that was primarily because I know my core will see the results and again, its only 25 minutes of ass kicking fun.  The concern with me though is if I've done the routine before I'm probably going to get bored.  I've been intrigued by Les Mills workouts and COMBAT looks awesome.  It reminds me of the ass kicking fun I have doing the MMX routine in P90x3.  I've decided to choose that as my next routine.

The routine last 60 days.  Most of the workouts are 30 minutes long which is great.  There is 1 that is 45 minutes long and 2 that are 60 minutes long.  I'm not going to be thrilled to do 60 minute workouts in the morning, but I'll deal.  They state in the marketing material that people have been known to kill 1000 calories in a single 60 minute Combat workout.  AWESOME.  Did I mention I still have 6 or 7 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight of 165lbs?  My wife still looks at me funny when I say that is my goal weight.  She can look at me funny all she wants.  My plan is always to revisit my weight after I have hit a goal.  165lbs will be no different.

Les Mills Combat.  The routine also has 3 different schedules you can do.  Warrior (with 2 rest days), Supreme Warrior (1 rest day), Ultimate Warrior (1 rest day, but some double workouts during the week).  My intent is to push for the Supreme Warrior schedule. My fitness level is pretty good and I believe it is reasonable that I can really push myself and make that happen, without killing myself.  Also keeping in mind my house responsibilities will be drastically increased while Christie is recovering from hip replacement surgery.  Its doable.  

Now Beachbody does sell gloves for the routine.  If you have ever previewed the routine or the infomercial, everyone is using these gloves.  They look like they are weighted gloves, but apparently are not in fact weighted at all.  Beachbody sells them for $40.  Pricey.  Even for me as a coach.  I won't be going that route.  I'm strongly leaning towards some weighted gloves on Amazon that run about $20 and each glove has a 1lb weight on them.  I think it will provide some great resistance.  If its too much I can simply remove the weight without damaging the gloves.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A7X9DEY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2NLFAI3FWFFFZ&coliid=I3LVW6R87WELH3

Overall I'm really excited here!  I've got a plan and that is exciting.  It's something to work TOWARDS.  Its going to be a great summer, partly because I'm going to be the healthiest I have been in years.  LETS DO THIS!!

No comments: