Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1 (Day 40) [Shakeology Cleanse]

I worked out.  April Fools!  I didn't.

Started to feel crappy yesterday.  Went downhill quick and woke up with a full blown cold.  I got up at 4:30AM like I normally do to go kick some ass.  I drank my green tea/water.  I started my stretch but felt wobbly.  I couldn't maintain my balance.  My throat hurt.  My nose just kept running.  My eyes were watering.  A mess.  I got through the 4 or 5 minute stretch and then started on PowerYoga.  I needed to stop a couple of times in the first minute because I needed tissues.  At that point I just decided today was not a good idea.  I admitted defeat for my morning and crawled back into bed.

Got up and started getting dressed around 6AM for work and then Christie reminded me that we were doing the 3 day Shakeology cleanse and we needed to weigh ourselves before we started.  My weight was 198lbs.  Higher than I had expected.  I've pushed hard for almost 6 weeks now and I certainly expected a larger amount of weight gone than 2 lbs.  I'm trying not to get caught up on the weight thing because honestly, my body is changing.  I can see it and feel it.  My clothes are fitting quite nicely.  Those are all positives.  All positives.  The weight will come off, I know it will.

I'm hoping to be back on track tomorrow with workouts.  My head is still a little foggy but I'm pumping the water into my system and just trying to flush everything out.  In with the good out with the bad.  We'll see where it gets me.

No comments: