Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29 (Day 68) - P90X [Day 22]

RECOVERY WEEK!!!!

Yoga X this morning (40 minutes).  First and foremost, if anyone has followed me - I can't stand Yoga.  I didn't like it last year and just because its a year later, don't think I have love for it because some time has passed.  Its still a phenomenal workout.

So why only 40 minutes of it?  I was struggling this morning.  I woke up and was still exhausted from my weekend where I didn't sleep very well.  My head was POUNDING.  Really bad headache.  My ears hurt. Still, I had missed 4 days in a row and I felt really fat and said... is this what you want?  Is this the road that quitters go down?  Do you really want to be fat forever?  So I did the Yoga, but my right wrist was hurting really bad.  Not sure why.  Either way - I used my push up bars to help take the pressure off my wrists while I went through the whole 15+ minute vinyasa series.  By the time I was halfway through that series my wrist was feeling better and I could put my weight on it and do things without the push up bars, so that's what I did.

Also I'd like to add that this morning I stole my wife's Yoga block.  It helped for sure.  I didn't have to stretch as far as I normally try to.  At the same time you can use this as a tool to be lazier.  lol  I think I found that to be the combination.  Yes, it made it so I could keep better form and not have to stretch quite as far, but it made me a little lazier to the point where I didn't work as hard for the exercise.

Tomorrow - CORE Synergistics.  I remember this being one of my absolute favorite workouts.  I haven't done any sort of Ab workout in weeks, so lets see what I think of it tomorrow.  lol

No comments: