Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8 (Day 47) - P90X [Day 1]

P90X - Chest & Back (53 minutes) Ab Ripper X (3 minutes)

So it begins again.  My quest to complete P90X.  I got about 60 days through this program last time before I quit on it.  Not because of the program.  The program is exceptional.  It was just a REALLY busy time in life with many things going on outside of my health and I stopped making time for this.  No excuses, that is in the past.  I'm glad that my brother's basement is finished and his wife now has her home daycare business.  Most importantly, that project is behind us and all those deadlines.

Today was kind of a feel out process.  I was reminded how much I really like the workout and the exercises chosen for this workout.  Those are some of the positives.  Some of the negatives is that I'm not as strong as I used to be.  That's a temporary negative, because I know I'll get there.  I can't really control the strength part - that will come in time as I continue to work through the program.  Certainly I understand that.  The effort though is something I can control.  Too many times I think perhaps I stopped too soon.  Maybe I was losing form a little, maybe I stopped because I had a certain number in my head that I was trying to reach and I got there.  I need to push harder though.... I guess that is my point.

Intensity?  I'm not sure it was completely there.  I was definitely excited and nervous to start up P90X today.
Strength? Kind of already beat that one.  It's not where it once was, but it will be there again.

I'm already cringing thinking about tomorrow.  Plyometrics.  The mother of all workouts.  Yeah, that's right Tony.  I remember what the fuck you call it.  I'll be there with my little mop and bucket bitch.  I won't be happy about it either.   Also though I know I won't get a better workout.  Until then.


No comments: