Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 12 (Day 20)

Power90 3-4 Strength:  38 minutes

Overall no complaints.  Continuing to get stronger.  Of course today's performance could have been helped by the 2 days off vs the normal 1 day off between strength workouts.  Who knows. 

Chest - really well, I only went to my knees once for push ups and that was after I finished the normal 21 reps in "Wide-Tri-Die".  On round 4 I did a max of 21 reps.

Back/Shoulders - continuing to improve.  I know I need to up my weight on the "lawnmower" exercise.  The other exercises I'm just trying to maintain good form and push for max reps.

Biceps - Std curls, no issue.  Open arm curls I maxed out at 10.  7 - 7 -7 for me was more like 7 -7 -4.  Things to improve on.

Triceps - Single arm extensions - maxed at 12 reps, kickbacks  - maxed at 15, dips - 20 reps.  Dips I may try and add some weight to my lap next time to increase the difficulty. 

Legs - I was a little worried here at first because my very first lunge my right knee felt a little shaky.  It didn't hurt, just felt shaky.  I firmed up my form and wrapped out my remaining lunges.  Lunge/Squat combo I ripped it.  Not as winded as normal but I was definitely paying closer attention to my breathing throughout today's exercises.  3 - part squats, no issues at all.  Max squats - I did 25 reps and felt good.  A little winded at the end so I stopped with 10 seconds left.

At the end of the workout I was getting a little light headed and winded.  I'm going to chug some OJ to see if that helps at all.  My breath is almost back to normal as I type this.  My stomach wants me back in the bathroom.  Whatever.  It was a good workout and another positive step towards being where I want to be.  I'm really trying not to focus on things like my ginormous belly that is staring back at me right now.  Just focusing on what I think I need to do to be successful.  I can not forget that I am only 20 days into this and its a long journey.  I've made tremendous strides so far and I'll continue to do so as long as I get up and push myself to do the right things.

Until tomorrow.

No comments: