Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 30 (Day 38)

Power90 3-4 Strength (38 minutes)

Good strong workout.  Body and lungs felt good.  I wasn't nearly as winded as I've been in the past.  Pushed hard.  Anything that requires weights I've been sticking with 15lb dumbbells for the most part.  Exceptions:  Shoulder flies, upright rows & kickbacks are all 10lb dumbbells.  I switch to 20lb dumbbells when its time for lawnmower and calf raises.  Obviously we aren't talking about serious weight here.  Which means I'm obviously not super strong.  I'm fine with it.  I'm looking to be fit and not fat.  That's all.  When I get to the point where I'm fit, maybe I'll change my goals to get much stronger. 

I mean, obviously I am getting stronger.  When I first started 5+ weeks ago most of the things I was doing I would use the 10lb dumbbells and very few things would be with the 15lb dumbbells.  My reps weren't what they are today.  When it came time to do push-ups, half of mine were from my knees.  I was screaming more than my legs were when doing lunge squats.  lol  Everything has gone up.  The weights, the reps.  The only time I do any pushups from my knees is when I do the wide-try-die sequence.  7 wide armed push-ups, 7 tight to your body push-ups, 7 standard push-ups and then get comfortable and do whatever you can.  I get comfortable alright.  I go to my knees and do my best to push out 5 push-ups.  lol  Sadly it would appear after I get to 26 straight push-ups my body is tired.  lol  I'm working on it though. 

Today towards the end of the workout I did feel my lower back tightening up a bit.  It has been a couple of weeks (maybe this is the 3rd?) since I've done X-Stretch.  I need to do it tomorrow.  Easter or not, its got to be a priority.  My body needs it. 

That's it for today.  X-Stretch tomorrow then my last week of Power90 for a while I think.  Time to move forward with some P90X. 

No comments: