Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 21 (Day 29)

Power90 3-4 Strength (38 minutes)

Late start (seems to be usual unfortunately).  Overall a good workout.  My right knee was bothering me.  It wasn't the instability issue I had when I started back up again about a month ago.  The knee itself feels pretty strong but I had some pain/discomfort that felt like it was under the knee cap.  It wasn't enough to stop the workout.  I did all lunges, lunge/squats, 3-part squats & max squats.  Again, there was discomfort but I couldn't let that stop me. 

Lately I have 3 different sets of weights setup.  A set of 10lb, almost aerobic type, dumbbells that I think were my wife's.  I have roughly 15 lb dumbbells that are free weights and then I have my select-a-weight dumbbells that I have set to 20 lbs.  Different exercises I'll use whatever weight I can handle.  Example, I'll use the 15lbs for almost everything from curls, military presses, swimmers press, back flys, etc... 10 lbs are perfect for me for shoulder flys, kick backs, etc... 20 lbs are really only used for lawnmower.  I could probably actually go higher with that weight.  Christie had a tough workout today and couldn't find the 2 1/2lb aerobic weights she once had so I stripped all the weight off the free weight dumbbells and set her up with just the bars.  That seemed to be a big help to her, which is great. 

Again - a really good workout.  My lungs definitely get worked hard here because you are going from one exercise right into another, into another, into another, etc... You do that for 5 or 6 straight exercises and then take 30 seconds to stretch, then do it again for 5 or 6 exercises and take 30 seconds for a water break, then do it again for 5 or 6 exercises and take a minute to stretch (and catch your breath) and then finish up with the last 5 or 6 stretches before you get a gracious 90 second stretch/cool down. 

Tomorrow is Power90 3-4 Cardio & TH200 Abs.  It just might be the last time I do that workout for a while, so I'm going to push hard (I like to think I always do).  Still haven't decided on what I'm doing next week.  Leave that decision for Sunday. 

Regrets?  That small piece of ice cream cake at 8:15 last night.  I can't stand eating that late at night unless it is a Saturday night and we are having date night.  At least its one more sweet out of the house.

No comments: