Thursday, March 28, 2013

March 28 (Day 36)

Power90 3-4 Strength (38 minutes)

This morning had everything lined up to be a failure.  I woke up at 3AM.  3AM!!!!  It wasn't what woke me up that was bad, it was what kept me up.  I made the mistake of looking at my phone.  Bruins up 4 -2 over the Canadiens going into the 3rd period lose 6 - 5?  Really??  Bruins trading for Jerome Iginla don't get him, instead going to Pittsburgh?? REALLY?!?!?!  I didn't sleep much after that.  I fell asleep right before the 4:30AM alarm went off.  I got up and wanted to skip this workout.  I was so mad... SO MAD.  Yesterday I was SO pumped up about doing today's workout.  I couldn't wait.  I had a great workout that day and today was going to be even better. 

Either way.  I did the workout.  The negativity kept trying to pop in my head and I kept pushing it out.  I didn't want any part of it.  I didn't want the excuses.  Yeah, I didn't sleep great.  Yeah, I woke up earlier than expected.  Whatever.  Bottom line, skipping doesn't achieve the goals.  All the excuses in the world don't solve problems.  Actions solve problems.  I put in my mind that I needed to take action and did.  The workout was pretty good.  I had a couple brief instances early in the lunge/squat sequence that I thought was a sign of a bigger problem. I widened my stance in the squats and the problem went away.  So, I'm guessing it was a form issue.  Either way - knees were good.  My right knee feels so good with the brace on that my left knee is jealous.  lol  Hopefully soon though I won't even need the brace. That's my hope.

OK - time to get in the shower.  Tomorrow is another day.  Cardio/Abs. 

No comments: